Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts should cover the objectives, procedures, results and conclusions of the research and should be no more than 2,500 characters in length including spaces and punctuation. The title, authors, and authors’ affiliations are not included in the character limit.
- Titles are required — they should be brief and state the topic.
- Abstract titles should not include company names.
- Students are encouraged to submit to any session.
- In keeping with the spirit of the convention, presenters must refrain from making subtle or blatant sales pitches including but not limited to: repeated use of product names, trade names or pictures, or repeated use of company logo.
- Evaluation and ranking of abstracts are based on relevance and timeliness of subject matter; usefulness of contribution to the advancement of knowledge, techniques or practice; and overall clarity, organization and presentation of ideas. In particular, the Technical Program Committee is seeking abstracts with direct application to industry.
- Sessions will be determined from the abstracts submitted to each theme. Sub-themes may not directly correspond to sessions in the final program.
- Submit your abstract in the form in which you would like it published. Abstracts will not be edited.
- Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection in November 2017.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will have the option to submit an extended version of their abstract which will then be made available to conference attendees as part of a digital download. If no extended abstract is submitted, the original short abstract will be included in the download instead.
- Authors are invited to have their work, both oral and poster presentations, published on AAPG’s online Search and Discovery to preserve their work for future reference.
- Final booth design will be announced in the poster kit and sent to all confirmed poster presenters prior to the start of the convention.
AAPG has no funding for speakers. Do not submit an abstract unless at least one author is certain to attend the convention. All session chairs, speakers and poster presenters must register to attend the convention. No exceptions
Abstracts for all sessions should be submitted online. If you cannot submit your abstract online, please contact our technical programs coordinators: or .
The AAPG Executive Committee has established that presenters who fail to show up for their scheduled presentations without notifying AAPG of their cancellation at least five weeks in advance of the start of the program will not be allowed to present papers or posters at any AAPG-sponsored technical meeting for a term of three (3) years.
Permission for AAPG to publish your abstract is implied when you submit your paper for consideration to the 2018 Annual Convention & Exhibition.