Visa Information

Canada requires the citizens of many foreign countries to obtain visas to enter Canada. If you are not a Canadian citizen and are intending to attend AAPG 2016 ACE, please ensure that you obtain the correct visa to enter the country.

Detailed information on the Canadian Visa Policy can be found at the Government of Canada website.

Obtaining a Visa

It is your responsibility to apply for a passport, visa or any other required documents and to demonstrate to consular officials that you are properly classifiable as a visitor under Canadian law. AAPG cannot assist you with the interview process, nor can anyone representing the sponsoring organizations call an embassy or consulate on your behalf to provide support for granting a visa. Should your application be denied, AAPG can neither intervene in the process nor change the decision of the governmental agency.

You may request a letter during the online registration process by selecting the appropriate box. If you register by mail, you may request your visa letter by email. Letters will be sent to those that are registered and fully paid. AAPG supplies this letter for visa purposes only. All expenses involved with attending the convention are the responsibility of the attending party. If your visa application is denied and AAPG received a copy of the denial by email or fax +1 918 560 2684 before 19 June 2016, your registration fee only will be refunded, less a US $75 processing fee.

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

On March 15, 2016, Canada is introducing a new entry requirement, known as an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), for visa-exempt foreign nationals traveling to or through Canada by air. This new requirement will become mandatory on March 15, 2016 and travelers will need an eTA before they can board their flight to Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travelers with a valid visa.

Click here to determine if an eTA is needed and click here to apply through an online process. A passport, a credit card, and email address are necessary to apply.

Registering with Your Embassy

Travel advice to tourists suggests that you register with your country’s consulate or embassy when traveling abroad.