ACE FT 1 | Windows to the Pm and K Unconventional Reservoirs of Texas
Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM)
Tuesday, 2 June – Saturday, 6 June 2020, 11:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. | Houston, Texas
Who Should Attend
Geoscientists and engineers who would like to see outcrops of the unconventional reservoirs that they are exploiting in the subsurface of South and West Texas.
The objectives of this trip will be to provide the delegates the opportunity to examine world class exposures of the Eagle Ford, Austin, Wolfcamp, and potentially Bone Springs; and use these outcrops as props to discuss the challenges associated with finding and exploiting the sweet spots of these unconventional reservoirs based on their sequence stratigraphy, chemo-stratigraphy, mechanical stratigraphy, chrono-stratigraphy, and product type of the respective reservoirs.
Each day will include visits to classic outcrop localities of either the Austin, Eagle Ford, Wolfcamp, and/or Bone Springs Groups.
- $1,900 per person
- 30 People
- Educational Credits:
- 2.4 CEU
- 24 PDH
- Tuesday, 2 June: Travel to West Texas (Evening in Del Rio)
- Wednesday, 3 June: Eagle Ford and Austin: US Hwy 90 (Evening Alpine, Texas)
- Thursday, 4 June : Upper Pennsylvanian and Lower Wolfcamp: Marathon Texas (Evening Alpine, Texas)
- Friday, 5 June: Upper Wolfcamp and Bone Springs: Marathon Texas (Evening Alpine, Texas)
- Saturday, 6 June: Return to Houston from Marathon
George R. Brown Convention Center
1001 Avenida De Las Americas