ACE FT 4 | Inside NASA Space Center Houston
AAPG Astrogeology Committee and Energy Minerals Division (EMD)
Saturday, 6 June 2020, 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. | Houston, Texas
Who Should Attend
All who are interested in space exploration and AAPG’s role in astrogeology.
To gain an understanding of fluvial and deltaic systems along the Texas Coast; discuss preservation potentials of different systems; and to use the modern deposits as reservoir analogs.
This all-day field trip to NASA Space Center Houston is a unique opportunity to see firsthand the history of U.S. Space exploration with Apollo 17 Astronaut Harrison Schmitt and Shuttle Astronaut Jim Reilly. Be prepared for a full day of exciting and interesting space adventures, including a morning tour of a full-scale model of the Space Shuttle atop a Boeing 747, the Apollo 17 Capsule and diorama, and the Lunar sample vault. In addition, there will be a catered luncheon and presentations from Harrison Schmitt, Jim Reilly and other experts in space science and exploration. In the afternoon, participants will board the NASA TRAM and visit the JSC Mars Rock Yard, where we will see a full-scale, working model of a next-generation Mars rover, followed by a tour of the immense, full-scale model of the “Apollo 18” Saturn V rocket, the most powerful ever built.
- $350 Professionals
- $175 Students (Limited to 15)
- 80 People
- Ground Transportation to and from NASA Space Center Houston
- Entry Fee
- Guided tour by astronauts
- Lunch, with presentations
- Autographed Book
- Guided Tram Tour
- Transportation is included in the cost of this trip. As we will be outside in the afternoon on a Tram tour, light clothing, a hat, and sunscreen are recommended for the June Houston weather. Be sure to bring your camera as there will be numerous photo opportunities during the day.
- 8:30 AM Leave by bus from the George R. Brown Convention Center and travel to Space Center Houston.
- 9:15 AM Arrive at NASA Space Center Houston. Tour inside exhibits.
- 12:00 PM Catered lunch and presentations.
- 2:00 PM TRAM tour of outside exhibits.
- 5:00 PM Board buses for return to the George R. Brown Convention Center.
George R. Brown Convention Center
1001 Avenida De Las Americas