ACE SC 15 | Applied Machine Learning: Fundamentals and Geostatistics
Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM)
Thursday, 23 May 2019, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. | San Antonio, Texas
Who Should Attend
All Geoscientists, including those with no previous experience in either machine learning or geostatistics.
Understanding the fundamentals of machine learning and geostatistics.
This two-part course will provide a short, yet thorough, introduction to machine learning (ML) in a geoscience context that will lead into geostatistics. It will provide information on the basic principles of Machine Learning, the recent applications within the industry using this technique, and a focused outline, with resources, for geologists to begin their projects.
Via case-studies, short lectures and demonstrations, we will cover:
- Fundamentals of supervised learning and unsupervised learning
- Recent application of ML within the geoscience community
- How geoscientists can set their own learning path to utilize ML
- Benefits and uses of geostatistics
- Common spatial and uncertainty modeling workflows
- How to better integrate their domain knowledge into geostatistical model
We would like to stress realistic expectations on the breadth and depth of this topic. This short course aims to provide a stepping stone for geoscientists, with a wealth of accompanying resources as guidance to apply to existing data-heavy problems.
<p><strong>Students:</strong> $100 (Limited Number)</p>
<p><strong>Limit:</strong> 30 People</p>
<p><strong>CEU:</strong> 6 PDH; 0.6 CEU</p>
<p><strong>Includes:</strong> Course Notes and refreshment breaks</p>
San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk
889 E Market St