Important notes regarding Field Trips and Short Courses
- Before purchasing non-refundable airline tickets, confirm that the Field trip and/or Short course will take place as they may be cancelled if undersubscribed.
- Please register before 22 April 2020. Field trips and/or Short courses cancellations, due to low enrollment, will be considered at this time. No refunds will be allowed after 22 April 2020.
- Field trips and Short courses are limited in size and are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis and must be accompanied by full payment.
- If you do not plan on attending the convention, a U.S. $30 enrollment fee will be added to your Field trips and Short courses fee. This fee may be applied towards your registration should you decide to attend the convention at a later date.
- A wait list is automatically created if a Field trip or Short course sells out. The AAPG Global Convention Department will notify you if space becomes available.
- AAPG will continue to take registrations for Field trips and Short courses that are not cancelled until they are either sold out or closed.
- It is important that you note your gender when registering for hotel room assignments.
- For Field Trips, you will receive an itinerary with details of meeting points, transportation with the trip phone numbers and email addresses of hotels and trip leaders prior to the event date.
- Proper clothing and supplies are needed for the outdoors (hat, windbreaker, sturdy footwear and backpack).
- Depending on location, temperatures can range from 40 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit with or without rain. Participants are advised to check local weather forecasts for latest updates.
- Insect repellent and sun protection (sunscreen and hats) are recommended.
- AAPG, the sponsoring organizations nor Field Trip leaders and their employers maintain insurance covering illness or injury for individuals.
There are a limited number of discounted registrations available for students on a first-come, first-served basis. If a discounted space is still available, it will show up during the online registration process. If discounted spots are no longer available, you may register at the full fee; if we are able to add additional discounted spots, we will refund the difference at that time.