The American Association of Petroleum Geologists Annual Convention and Exhibition (ACE) is conducted for the benefit of its members and interested parties to advance the science of geology, promote technology, and facilitate networking and collaboration between professionals within the world’s geosciences community.
AAPG values the participation of its members and guests and wants all ACE attendees to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, all attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to other attendees throughout the conference and at all conference events, whether officially sponsored by AAPG or not.
To make clear what is expected, all attendees and guests, speakers, exhibitors, organizers and volunteers at any AAPG event are required to conform to the Association’s Code of Conduct. AAPG’s leadership and staff will enforce this code throughout the event.
Code of Conduct
AAPG is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form.
- All communication, whether casual or formal, should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds.
- Be careful in the words that you choose. Remember that sexist, racist, and other exclusionary jokes can be offensive to those around you. Excessive swearing and offensive jokes are not appropriate at ACE.
- Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks.
- Harassment includes offensive communication related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave professionally.
- Exhibitors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy and are required to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the professional and business purposes of the show.
- Personnel and/or models contracted to assist in an exhibitor’s booth are required to wear appropriate attire. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material, and booth staff should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
- AAPG reserves the right to make a final determination regarding what is acceptable and may remove persons from the exhibition floor that are not in compliance.
If a participant engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, AAPG reserves the right to take any action deemed appropriate, including warning the offender(s) or expelling the offender(s) from the conference with no refund.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report the incident to an AAPG Executive Committee or Convention Staff member as soon as possible. You can make a report either personally or anonymously via the online form.
If you have any questions or concerns please notify a badged AAPG Show Management staff member or call 1 800 898 2274.