- Salt Palace Convention Center, South Foyer
- Friday — 1:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Saturday — 8:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
Sunday — 7:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Monday — 7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Tuesday — 7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Wednesday — 7:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Hilton Salt Lake City Center
- Friday — 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Saturday — 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Sunday — 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Monday — 7:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
ACE Service Center – Presenters, Judges, and Student Volunteers
- 150 A/B/C
- Sunday — 10:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Monday — 7:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Tuesday — 7:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Wednesday — 7:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Check-in and assistance for presenters, judges, and student volunteers can be found at the ACE Service Center.
- Oral presenters should visit the Service Center the day prior to their presentation to upload their slides and ensure they appear correctly. Technical support will be available.
- Student volunteers who signed up during the registration process should check in at the Service Center at least fifteen minutes before their scheduled shift begins.
- Judges for both oral and poster sessions can visit the Service Center at any time to pick up scorecards for their assigned sessions. If you haven’t yet signed up to judge, it’s not too late – we are always looking for more judges! Stop by the Service Center to choose your session.
Code of Conduct
The American Association of Petroleum Geologists Annual Convention and Exhibition (ACE) is conducted for the benefit of its members and interested parties to advance the science of geology, promote technology, and facilitate networking and collaboration between professionals within the world’s geosciences community.
AAPG values the participation of its members and guests and wants all ACE attendees to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, AAPG is dedicated to providing a harassment-free convention experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of convention participants in any form. All attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to other attendees throughout the convention and at all convention events, whether officially sponsored by AAPG or not.
If a participant engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, AAPG reserves the right to take any action deemed appropriate, including warning the offender(s) or expelling the offender(s) from the convention with no refund.
AAPG’s complete ACE anti-harassment policy can be found at ace.aapg.org/2018.
If you have any questions or concerns please notify a badged AAPG Show Management staff member or call 1 800 898 2274.
- Days and Hours:
- Friday — 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Saturday — 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Sunday — 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Monday — 7:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Tuesday — 7:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Wednesday — 7:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- North End of the Upper Concourse
The Business Center is an on-site, full service print, copy and shipping center located inside the convention center. For more information, contact the Business Center at +1 385 468 2228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wi-Fi Hot Spot
Exhibit Hall E, Booth #401
For your convenience the ConocoPhillips Wi-Fi Hot Spot is available in the Exhibit Hall during open hours. So come relax, check your email and stay connected at ACE.
- South Foyer at Main Registration
- 7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
A luggage check is available at a cost of $3.00 per item checked.
Lost and Found
- South Foyer at Main Registration
Items found during the convention should be turned in to Registration. If you lose an item, check with Registration. If your item has not been turned in you may leave information on how to contact you should the item be found.
No Smoking Policy
Smoking is prohibited at the Salt Palace Convention Center.
Photographing or recording contents of oral or poster presentations or exhibition booths via any electronic media is strictly prohibited at all AAPG conventions and conferences.
How to Get Around
A connecting service to many of the TRAX and FrontRunner stations, Buses allow you to get almost anywhere in the Greater Salt Lake Area. Bus routes can be found across the Salt Lake Valley, Ogden, Utah County and up to Brigham City. Fare prices start at $1.25 for a one-way pass and $6.25 for day passes. Get complete route, schedule, and fare details for Salt Lake’s transportation buses at rideuta.com.
Gain access to Downtown from across the valley on three color coded lines. Downtown Salt Lake provides a great transfer point as all the lines run through downtown.
- The Green line begins at the Salt Lake International Airport, runs through downtown Salt Lake, and then out to West Valley City. At the airport, riders can board at the station and Welcome Center just outside Terminal One. Fare is $2.50 and trains run every 15 minutes. Weekday service runs from 5:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., with a more limited schedule on weekends.
- The Red line provides service from the University of Utah, through downtown, South to 6400 South and then west to the Daybreak community.
- The Blue line begins in downtown at the transfer station and runs south through the valley to Draper. For full schedule and fare rates visit: Utah Transit Authority. (rideuta.com)
FrontRunner trains provide transportation access from Ogden to Provo, with limited stops along the way. Weekday service starts as early as 4:30 a.m., with the last stop just after midnight. Saturday service begins at 6:00 a.m. with the last stop just after 2:00 a.m. There is no Sunday service. One-way base fare prices start at $1.25.
Convention Center Parking
The Salt Palace Convention Center offers two convenient underground garages that are open seven days a week:
- South Lot – Enter off of 200 South between West Temple and 200 West (600 stalls). Open 24 hours Monday-Friday at a flat rate of $14 per day.
- West Lot – Enter off of 300 West between 100 South and South Temple (400 stalls). Open 24 hours Monday-Friday at a flat rate of $12 per day.
In addition to parking on-site at the Salt Palace, downtown Salt Lake City has over 30,000 parking spaces available.
Visit www.parkingslc.com/index.php for more information on parking options.
Security and Emergencies
Report any security or emergency issues to one of the following:
- Security Personnel located at the Exhibit Hall Entrance
- AAPG Show Management at Main Registration in South Lobby
- Kendra McColloch, AAPG Meeting Planner at +1 918 284 5451
Badges must be worn at all times while attending the convention inside the Salt Palace Convention Center and the Hilton Salt Lake City Center.
Hilton Salt Lake City Center (AAPG Headquarters)
255 S W Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
+1 801 328 2000
Marriott Downtown at City Creek (SEPM Headquarters)
75 S W Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
+ 1 801 531 0800