100 Years of Science
Fueling 100 Years of Prosperity

The U.S. requires the citizens of many foreign countries to obtain visas to enter the United States. If you are not a U.S. citizen and are intending to attend ACE 2017, please ensure that you obtain the correct visa to enter the country.

Detailed information on the U.S. Visa Policy can be found at the U.S. Department of State website.

Obtaining a Visa

It is your responsibility to apply for a passport, visa or any other required documents and to demonstrate to consular officials that you are properly classifiable as a visitor under United States law. AAPG cannot assist you with the interview process, nor can anyone representing the sponsoring organizations call an embassy or consulate on your behalf to provide support for granting a visa. Should your application be denied, AAPG can neither intervene in the process nor change the decision of the governmental agency.

You may request a letter by selecting the box either online or on the printed registration form. Letters will be sent to those that are registered and fully paid. AAPG supplies this letter for visa purposes only. All expenses involved with attending the convention are the responsibility of the attending party. If your visa application is denied and AAPG received a copy of the denial by email or fax (+1 918 560 2684) before 2 April 2017 your registration fee only will be refunded, less a $75 processing fee.

Visa Waiver Program

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables nationals of 36 participating countries to travel to the U.S. for tourism or business (visitor [B] visa purposes only), for stays of 90 days or less, without obtaining a visa. More information on the VWP.


All qualified VWP travelers are required to obtain electronic travel authorization prior to boarding an air or sea carrier to the U.S. Travelers who do not receive travel authorization prior to their departure may be denied boarding, experience delays or be denied admission into the U.S. Applications may be submitted at any time prior to travel, but no less than 72 hours prior to departure. Authorization is obtained through an online registration system known as the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). Apply for an ESTA today.

Visas from Countries Not Covered by the VWP

Citizens of countries not covered by the VWP must obtain a visa through their local U.S. Embassy. They are advised to allow up to four months to obtain a visa for entry into the U.S. Please note that fees are applicable to visa applications. All expenses connected with obtaining proper documentation are the responsibility of the applying party.

Registering with Your Embassy

Travel advice to tourists suggests that you register with your country’s consulate or embassy when traveling abroad.


See the links below for more information:

Visa Request Form

Have Questions?

We Can Help!